Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Courage

Courage is not only having the strength or will to do something, but also doing it with fear and overcoming adversity. An example for me was just a few years ago. When I was 12 I saw a lost dog wondering the street. Being a dog owner myself, I wouldnt want someone just to pass by my runaway dog so I went and brought him back to my house for the time being. The poor little guy looked sick so provided dog food and water. I took the next step by placing many lost dog signs around town in hopes the owner would come by one. Not long after, I recieve a call from the owner who was in grwat relief of the news. He stopped by and thanked me for my courageous act and handed me 50$. I feel like this was courageous becuase I didnt know he was going to give me money but I still took in the dog. Although there was no fear in what I did it is courageous because I could have just ignored the whole situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment