Sunday, October 27, 2013

interview

Me: mom i have to ask you some questions about parenting.
mom: okay 
me: what age were you when you had me and bryanna (my sister)?
mom: uhm, i was 25 when bryanna was born and 28 when I had you.
me: do you wish you waited to have kids?
mom: not at all, if i had waited any longer done anything different then you wouldnt be here and i would have different children.
me: oh ya, I never thought about it like that. Anyway, How did you decide where to raise me?
mom: well at the time whe had you and your sister we were living in Norton. After Bryanna had gone through 5th grade we decided to ove to mansfield becuase grandma was selling her house, the one that I grew up in actually and didnt want you going to the schools in Norton. 
me: yeah that would be horrible to still live there. But whats the most sacraficing thing you have ever done for me. 
mom: uhm to be honest i dont really know haha its hard to pick out one thing in particular over the past 16 years i think that i do a lot though whether it taking you to practice all the time, or buying you clothes or whatever it is that day but it all adds up and i try to do whatever I can to put a smile on your face. 
me: I know i dont say it all the time but i really do appreciate everything you and dad do for me, whether i say it or not. You and dad are role models and i cant thank you enough, i just wish i could give back the same amount that you do for me. 
mom: Well Branden thats what being a parent is all about, Dad an I go to work everyday so we can give you the best that we can, and once you grow up and have kids you wont do things for them to get a reward you'll do it because you love them. 
me: yeah i get it, that means a lot. Is the way you parent us iinfluenced by the way you were raised by your parents?
mom: yeah of course, My parents were very strict but they also obviously cared about me a lot. And that goes for a lot of parents too. 
me: alright i think were done here, thanks mom

No comments:

Post a Comment